FASTag - Online toll system
As the world is going online from education to tourism to medical and so on. Similarly, our government came up with new toll collection system which is known as "FASTag" . The unique feature about this toll collection system is that it is operated and managed online /digitally. It is an electronic toll collection system which consists of special Radio Frequency Indentification technology which is used for toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it. It is very simple to use, the tag is affixed on the windscreen and enables you to drive through toll plazas without stopping for transactions. It is operated by National Highway Authority of India. Now, let us know some benefits of FASTag service, they are as follows :
1. No more long queues at toll plazas
2. No need to carry Cash for Toll charges
3. SMS alerts for all toll transactions - balance, deduction, recharge, etc
4. Easy account recharge options - Cash, Cheque, Credit Card/ Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net banking
5. Ease of payment - FASTag removes the manual cash transactions at toll and thus saves time
6. Cash-back offer: You can avail a cashback of 5% on all Toll payments using FASTag
7. Ease of Tracking - You get regular SMS alerts each time any transactions are done using the tag
8. Online Portal for customers.
Presently, FASTag services are operational at 360+ toll plazas across national and state highways, moreover, more toll plazas will be brought under this program in the future. Now anyone can enjoy hassle free long trips on national highway.